Tuesday, 8 September 2020

November 2018 - visit back to specialist for results

 When I followed up with the specialist.. I was told that although my throat pressure was high it was a normal manometry and ph test. They gave me lots of coloured charts.. I was quite lost and disappointed after that as I thought I had LPR.. But I did not ??

My specialist told me he thought I had a Hypersensitive Esophagus.

This was both a relief and a curse.. A relief that I was not causing my throat damage.. but a curse as they do not know what causes it. The hypersensitivity caused the nerves in my throat to trigger which then caused the chest pain and the uncomfortable feeling in my throat.

I was prescribed Nortriptyline at 20mg and told I could go up to 50mg if necessary. I was sort of pleased to have something to try rather than the diet I had been on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I am today..

  I had been over a month taking medication without symptoms. I felt confident and decided to try a couple of days taking half a pill or 5mg...