I had been over a month taking medication without symptoms. I felt confident and decided to try a couple of days taking half a pill or 5mg. I got my throat right back and spent a night and a half on the couch again.. so I am not ready to reduce my medication.
A few months ago my status was that I had just a minor throat inconvenience about once a week which is not a problem. I occasionally have a one off bad night.. but nothing as bad as it used to be.. my throat was just feeling uncomfortable at my 3am wake up.. I managed to watch a couple of Rialto movies which is a positive to being awake.
The below is not medical advice but this is what I am currently taking medically.
10mg Citalopram (Seems to deal with the Throat discomfort)
This to me a wonder drug that has taken me from being incapacitated for 2 days out of every week to not only being able to function but enjoy life.. I will now blog about my journey in these other pages.. My throat does seem to be getting less sensitive as time goes on.
Things that I do not understand:
- Why it is a weekly cycle
- How it started
- how to fix it
- Buying an adjustable bed so that I could sleep on an angle with my head up
- Keeping my throat warm.. so not going out in a cold night and mouth breathing
- Keeping busy - so not avoiding work but getting into it
- Watching a movie or tv when up alone in the small hours of the morning
- Eating peppermint chocolate - peppermint is supposed to be a relaxant but really it tasted nice and didn't seem to cause issues
- Eating a smaller evening meal with no low ph foods or drinks (acidic food or Soft drinks)
- Being calm when I got a throat spasm and letting it relax slowly before trying another bite of food
- Less Stress in my life.. When I got stressed I would get sick in the next day or two
No comments:
Post a Comment